Four Grade-17 officers dismissed over BISP corruption
ISLAMABAD – The Federal government has dismissed four officials from their services with Benazir Income Support Program after they were found involved in corruption, the BISP chief confirmed on Saturday.
These officials of Grade-17 used their position to enroll their wives with the program.
Sharing the notifications of their dismissal, Sania Nishtar, who also sits as a Special Assistant to PM, took to Twitter to inform that “Rs 440, 196 has been recovered as part of Ehsas integrity and anti-corruption drive.”
4 grade 17 BISP officers dismissed from service on charges of corruption & misconduct as they got their wives enrolled as BISP beneficiaries fraudulently, using their position in BISP. Rs 440,196 has been recovered as part of #Ehsaas Integrity & anti corruption drive pic.twitter.com/pdJwBLgaJo— Sania Nishtar (@SaniaNishtar) January 18, 2020
It came after an inquiry was launched into the matter on the orders of Prime Minister Imran Khan who expressed displeasure when he was presented a report on the officials who were getting benefit of the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP).
Out of a total of 820,165 beneficiaries recently disqualified from the BISP database, 14,730 were government employees or servants of Railways, Post and the BISP programme as the aid was not meant for government servants. According to the data, 127,826 were those whose spouses were government employees or employees of the above-mentioned departments.
BISP has now 4.27 million active beneficiaries after 0.82 million undeserving beneficiaries were delisted.
‘Charity begins at home’: Brits FURIOUS over ... 07:33 PM | 3 Jan, 2017
LONDON - A host of leading academics, aid campaigners and politicians in Britain are fuming over their government for ...
- Syed Ali Gilani: India 'conspiring to let Kashmiri leader die' during ...11:54 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- 'Thank You': Afghan minister acknowledges Pakistan's 40 years of ...11:43 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Refugee Conference: UN ready to participate in Afghan reconciliation ...11:30 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- LHC summons DG Rescue-1122 over plea challenging his reappointment10:48 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- UN resolutions on Kashmir need implementation, UNSG Guterres tells ...09:39 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019