China jails 7 officials for falsifying air quality data
State-run Xinhua news agency reported that Xi'an Intermediate People's Court in northwest China's Shaanxi Province convicted the two of interfering in data collection of the automated air quality monitoring system and using cotton to fill the sampling instrument to lower the pollution data in February and March 2016.
'Transforming the planet': US and China ratify ... 05:24 PM | 3 Sep, 2016
HANGZHOU - The United States and China - together responsible for 40% of the world's carbon emissions - have now both ...
He Limin, then head of Chang'an District Branch of Xi'an Environmental Protection Bureau, and Tang Shixing, then head of Yanliang District Branch under the bureau, ordered staff from national monitoring stations in the two districts to falsify the data, said the court.
The court found them guilty of damaging the computer information system. The court sentenced He to one year and seven months and Tang to one year and five months.
Li Sen and Zhang Feng, then heads of the Chang'an and Yanliang monitoring stations respectively, were given imprisonments of one year and ten months, and one year and seven months, respectively. Three others were also sentenced.
Pollution kills 1.6 million in China every year 03:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2015
ISLAMABAD (Online) - Outdoor air pollution contributes to the deaths of an estimated 1.6 million people in China every ...
Air pollution is a priority of the Chinese government that has as a goal to reduce it up to 40 per cent in 2020.
- Pakistan PM, Saudi crown prince vow to further solidify bilateral ties01:38 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- British Council partners with Koel Gallery on Art for Climate Change ...01:07 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Amazon suspends thousands of Pakistani sellers’ accounts12:47 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Mufti Taqi Usmani slams dancing performance at official Independence ...12:28 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan’s Covid-19 positivity ratio drops to 2.54%11:47 AM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Famed ‘Fiza-Shiza’ actor Kiran Tabier welcomes first child09:16 AM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly wins hearts with stunning photos in bridal outfit07:06 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Faiza Khan pays tribute to legendary Nazia Hassan with a sweet video09:41 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022