COVID-19: 22 areas sealed in Rawalpindi till June 30
RAWALPINDI – In a bid to ensure public safety and to control the spread OF CORONAVIRUS, the district administration in Rawalpindi has sealed 22 areas of the city and Cantonment areas.
According to a notification issued here, the areas which have been sealed from June 17/18 midnight till June 30, 9 pm include Union Council 21 to 28 of Rawal Town, Dhoke Kala Khan, Qayyumabad, Iqbal Town, Dhoke Paracha, Dhoke Kashmiria, Kuri road, Ali Abad, Dhoke Ali Akbar, Sadiqabad, Magistrate Colony, Afandi colony, Sattelite Town A, C block, Muslim Town and Khurram Colony.
While seven areas of Rawalpindi Cantonment board including Dheri Hassan Abaad, Talli Mohri,Gousia chowk, Jhawara,Tench Bhatta, People colony and Allama Iqbal town have also been sealed.
The notification said that the decision was taken in larger public interest and was taken in exercise of powers conferred under section 144 of "The Code of Criminal Procedure 1898" to ensure public safety, conserve lives, maintain peace and tranquility.
There will be controlled entry and exit in the said areas identified as hotspots of C virus disease, the notification elaborated.
- Sri Lanka minister offers ICC evidence 2011 World Cup was fixed08:17 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- $4k solid gold face mask for 'protection' against COVID-1908:06 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Over 300 cases of COVID-19 reported in Sindh Police in 2 days07:56 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- PPSC to restart interviewing candidates as lockdown eased07:44 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Two injured after two trains collide near Rahim Yar Khan07:37 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I appeal the President to help the needy artists of Pakistan: Ali ...02:22 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020