Pakistani Hindus celebrate religious festival 'Rakhi'
Raksha Bandhan (Rakhi, the thread of love) festival celebrates to bond the relationship between brothers and sisters.
The sisters tie the Rakhi at the wrists of their brothers and pray for their safety while in response, the brothers bless their sisters and promise to protect them from the evils of the world.
They also give a gift as a token of their love and affection to their sisters. A large number of Hindu girls, women and even the elderly thronged the temples of the city to buy Rakhis for the grand festival.
Inside the temples of Hyderabad, many shopkeepers have set up make shift stalls for selling trendy Rakhis in different colours and designs among other items which were used in Pooja.
Raksha bandhan is a prominent festival especially for the brothers and sisters. This festival has a tremendous social and cultural significance.
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021