'Cyanide envelope' mailed to White House
WASHINGTON (Web Desk) - An envelope addressed to the White House has apparently tested positive for cyanide, said Sky News.
The letter was received at an off-site mail screening facility on Monday, said the Secret Service, which is responsible for President Barack Obama's security.
Initial biological testing was negative. But the agency says additional testing returned a "presumptive positive" for cyanide.
The sample has been taken to another facility for further testing.
The Intercept news website, which first reported the incident, said the envelope contained a milky substance and was in a container wrapped in a plastic bag.
There were no injuries from the envelope, according to reports.
- Zalmay Khalilzad, US envoy who brokered Afghan exit, resigns two ...10:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:48 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan records lowest daily Covid cases in over a year09:18 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 19 October 202108:48 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- 12 Rabiul Awwal: Pakistanis celebrate Eid Milad-un-Nabi today08:13 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021