Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided
As the grave situation in Palestine continues to escalate with Israel intensifying the violence every day, the atrocities have left the entire world talking and grieving the spiked death toll in Gaza.
Amid the attacks on Palestine and Eid, Zara Noor Abbas was dismayed as a burgeoning list of celebrities and bloggers shared celebratory pictures from the three-day festivities while simultaneously posting about Gaza.
In a statement made through her Instagram story, Abbas called out the behaviour as hypocritical.
“For people talking about Palestine and Gaza now, what happened to this conversation when everyone was posting pictures of Eid outfit one, two and three. Let’s not make this topic convenience related. If you feel ashamed and broken for what’s happening in Gaza then change your perspective on how you celebrate life on social media and put that particular light on the current chaos in Palestine. Don’t showcase happiness if you feel helpless.”
The Parey Hut Love actor’s statement triggered a barrage of opinions with mixed sentiments as some sided with her and others opposed her.
You are right. Many people started acting after Celebrating Eid. Eid k baad yaad agaya.— sana (@Iamsanakamal) May 16, 2021
they celebrated Eid in Palestine as well. Eid should be celebrated. What I understood from her post was that she felt a deep pain. This Eid was indeed different. Everyone has a right to their opinion, you can disagree with each other, but this person crossed a line. (2/3)— FP (@anonymousdoc567) May 17, 2021
Moreover, Tum Ho Wajah star Shehzeen Rahat went on to say, "This is such an absurd statement coming from Zara Noor Abbas," Rahat in turn felt the need to point out the hypocrisy she saw in Abbas' statement. She said if Abbas' premise was to be accepted, and we assume that people going through grief shouldn't be posting "happy things" on social media, then "what was Zara Noor Abbas doing herself on Jeeto Pakistan's Ramazan show when her own khala Sumbul appa (may Allah bless her soul) was on [the] ventilator, fighting for her life?"
Abbas's statement highlighting the hypocrisy in celebrating Eid has left the internet divided. While the debate stands inconclusive, her call of seeking consistency in people's attitude towards the crisis has been met with divided reactions.
Asad Siddiqui celebrates birthday with wife Zara ... 02:06 PM | 15 Apr, 2021
Birthday bashes are a festive affair for everyone but when it comes to celebrities they take the celebration on another ...
- Naftali Bennett brings Netanyahu's 12-year rule to an end, takes over ...01:29 AM | 14 Jun, 2021
- ISPR releases first episode of military reality show ‘60 Hours to ...11:43 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Congress leader's pro-Kashmir remarks draw criticism from BJP09:06 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Indian army for killing another three Kashmiris07:39 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan felicitates UK on Queen’s 95th official birthday07:02 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021