Pakistan need 139 runs to beat New Zealand in first Test
New Zealand were in course to take a healthy lead and set a good target. Henry Nicholls (55) and BJ Watling (59) built a solid partnership and reached to half centuries. But it all began after the dismissal of Nicholls and Yasir Shah opened the gates by picking up two quick wickets. Trent Boult was the last Kiwi batsman to be dismissed.
Hasan took three of the first four wickets to fall, with Yasir castling New Zealand captain Kane Williamson, as the Black Caps slipped to 108-4 in their second innings.
The 24-year-old dedicated his maiden five-for in Tests to bowling coach Azhar Mahmood. “I came in the team at the same time he joined and the hard work he has put with us is outstanding,” he was quoted as saying.
New Zealand’s lurch from 220-4 to 249 all out left a victory target of 176 for Pakistan, whose openers Imam-ul-Haq (25 not out) and Mohammad Hafeez (8 not out) took them to 37 without loss at the end of day three.
NZ 249 (100.4 ov) | Henry 55, Watling 59 | Hasan 5/45, Yasir 5/110
PAK 37/0 (8 ov) | Imam 25*, Hafeez 8*
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia this week10:34 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021