IHC issues stay order on Abrar-ul-Haq's appointment as PRCS chairman
On 15th Nov, Abrar-ul-Haq was being appointed as the new chairman of PRCS for three years.
ISLAMABAD - Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Monday has issued a stay order on the appointment of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader and famous singer Abrar-ul-Haq as Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS) chairman.
During the hearing conducted on a petition filed by former PRSC chief Saeed Elahi against Haq’s appointment, Chief Justice of IHC Athar Minallah has barred the singer-turned-politician from taking charge of the post. The appointment notification will be suspended till next hearing, he directed.
The petition states that Abrar-ul-Haq has been appointed as chairman for 3 years. “My term as chairman was same as Abrar-ul-Haq which will be completed in March 2020”, the petition read, adding that it makes the deployment of Abrar ul Haq illegal.
Saeed Elahi stated in the plea that he was not notified before his removal, and the court should revoke the decision. He added that it is also a matter of conflict as a PTI leader is currently acting as the head of Sahara Foundation.
On Nov 15, singer-cum-politician Abrar-ul-Haq has been appointed as the new chairman of the Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS).
President Arif Alvi approved the appointment of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader for PRCS, also known as Hilal Ahmar. Ministry of National Health Services, Regulation and Coordination issued a notification regarding Abrar’s appointment.
Abrar-ul-Haq has been given the seat for three years. It is pertinent to mention here that Abrar-ul-Haq has extensive experience dealing with natural disasters, while also being the first human rights ambassador to the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- Canada extends COVID-19 travel ban until October 3111:58 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Indian BSF officer commits suicide in IIOJ&K11:27 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Armeena Khan and Ushna Shah call out Karachi Zoo after a viral video ...11:20 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- No matter the shackles of colonisation, I’ll set my goals & achieve ...10:45 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020