IHC issues stay order on Abrar-ul-Haq's appointment as PRCS chairman
On 15th Nov, Abrar-ul-Haq was being appointed as the new chairman of PRCS for three years.
ISLAMABAD - Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Monday has issued a stay order on the appointment of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader and famous singer Abrar-ul-Haq as Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS) chairman .
During the hearing conducted on a petition filed by former PRSC chief Saeed Elahi against Haq’s appointment , Chief Justice of IHC Athar Minallah has barred the singer-turned-politician from taking charge of the post. The appointment notification will be suspended till next hearing, he directed.
The petition states that Abrar-ul-Haq has been appointed as chairman for 3 years. “My term as chairman was same as Abrar-ul-Haq which will be completed in March 2020”, the petition read, adding that it makes the deployment of Abrar ul Haq illegal.
Saeed Elahi stated in the plea that he was not notified before his removal, and the court should revoke the decision. He added that it is also a matter of conflict as a PTI leader is currently acting as the head of Sahara Foundation.
On Nov 15, singer-cum-politician Abrar-ul-Haq has been appointed as the new chairman of the Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS).
President Arif Alvi approved the appointment of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader for PRCS , also known as Hilal Ahmar. Ministry of National Health Services, Regulation and Coordination issued a notification regarding Abrar’s appointment .
Abrar-ul-Haq has been given the seat for three years. It is pertinent to mention here that Abrar-ul-Haq has extensive experience dealing with natural disasters, while also being the first human rights ambassador to the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019