IHC issues stay order on Abrar-ul-Haq's appointment as PRCS chairman
On 15th Nov, Abrar-ul-Haq was being appointed as the new chairman of PRCS for three years.
ISLAMABAD - Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Monday has issued a stay order on the appointment of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader and famous singer Abrar-ul-Haq as Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS) chairman.
During the hearing conducted on a petition filed by former PRSC chief Saeed Elahi against Haq’s appointment, Chief Justice of IHC Athar Minallah has barred the singer-turned-politician from taking charge of the post. The appointment notification will be suspended till next hearing, he directed.
The petition states that Abrar-ul-Haq has been appointed as chairman for 3 years. “My term as chairman was same as Abrar-ul-Haq which will be completed in March 2020”, the petition read, adding that it makes the deployment of Abrar ul Haq illegal.
Saeed Elahi stated in the plea that he was not notified before his removal, and the court should revoke the decision. He added that it is also a matter of conflict as a PTI leader is currently acting as the head of Sahara Foundation.
On Nov 15, singer-cum-politician Abrar-ul-Haq has been appointed as the new chairman of the Pakistan Red Crescent Society (PRCS).
President Arif Alvi approved the appointment of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader for PRCS, also known as Hilal Ahmar. Ministry of National Health Services, Regulation and Coordination issued a notification regarding Abrar’s appointment.
Abrar-ul-Haq has been given the seat for three years. It is pertinent to mention here that Abrar-ul-Haq has extensive experience dealing with natural disasters, while also being the first human rights ambassador to the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- Aamir Liaquat faces police complaint over lashing out at traffic cop ...10:55 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Turkey imposes 10-day mandatory quarantine for travellers from ...10:14 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 3,582 new infections, 67 deaths09:10 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021