Iraq reopens Arar border crossing with Saudi Arabia after 30 years
BAGHDAD – Iraq and Saudi Arabia has reopened the Arar desert crossing after a 30-year closure, Baghdad's border commission said on Wednesday.
Top officials including Iraq's interior minister and the head of its border commission travelled from Baghdad to formally open Arar, where a line of cargo trucks had been waiting since the morning, the Aljazeera reported.
The border crossing will now be open to both goods and people.
Pakistan hands over Angoor Adda border crossing ... 05:29 PM | 23 May, 2016
RAWALPINDI (Staff Report) - The Pakistan Army on Saturday handed over a purpose built border-crossing facility to ...
Arar had remained closed since 1990 after the two countries severed ties following former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein’s invasion of Kuwait.
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022