4 Pakistani soldiers among 16 dead in Skardu landslide
ISLAMABAD – Sixteen people including four Pakistan Army personnel were killed after a bus was crushed by landsliding on Skardu Road in Gilgit-Baltistan, the state TV reported on Sunday.
At about 0830 hrs, a heavy landslide struck Jaglot Skardu Road near Tingus Pari, Bhagicha. Resultantly, a passenger coaster, carrying 18 people, moving from Rawalpindi to Skardu came under the landslide.
Four soldiers - Sepoy Sona Khan, Sepoy Asif, Sepoy Arshad and Sepoy Farooq - who were moving to their duty location came under slide and died along with civilians, the PTV reported.
Pakistan Army QRF teams along with ambulances and engineer rescue team joined the Rescue 1122 and Frontier Works Organisation (FWO) in the relief work.
Lance Naik martyred in terrorists' attack in ... 07:38 PM | 17 Oct, 2020
ISLAMABAD – A soldier of Pakistan Army embraced martyrdom while three others were injured in a terrorist attack ...
Sixteen bodies have so far been recovered from the debris of the bus. Six of them have been identified, including the driver and conductor, according to officials.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 12 June 202109:25 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,194 new cases, 57 deaths08:45 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 12 June 202107:59 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021