Difficult months are ahead of us, Angela Merkel warns
BERLIN – German Chancellor Angela Merkel urged Germans to come together as they did in the spring to slow down the spread of the coronavirus as the country posted another daily record of new cases on Saturday.
Coming winters and Christmas will be decided by our behavior in these coming weeks, she said in her weekly video podcast.
Meanwhile, new restrictions went into effect in several other European nations in an effort to staunch the resurgence of the pandemic.
Germany deployed 12,000 police officers to enforce new strict laws.
Paris along with other eight French cities, restaurants, bars, movie theaters, and other establishments were being forced to close no later than 9 pm to try to reduce contact among masses.
Many of the restaurant owners protested against the order as an earlier months-long lockdown devastated the sector.
- Punjab decides to raise wheat support price to Rs160008:46 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Turkish President Erdogan urges boycott of French products07:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Muzaffarabad-based journalist body kicks off ‘Green and Clean ...07:28 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- UBL records profits of Rs 26.4 billion for 9M’2006:24 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- #ShameonYouMacron becomes top trend on Twitter after French ...06:15 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020