Pakistan receives another 0.5 million doses of Chinese Sinopharm’s vaccine
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has received another consignment of 500,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccine gifted by China amid third wave of the Covid-19 pandemic.
A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) special plane carrying the jabs landed at Islamabad’s Nur Khan Airbase on Saturday.
This is the eighth Covid-19 vaccine consignment that Pakistan has received from China, which has, previously, gifted 1.5 million doses to Islamabad.
On April 22, the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) said that Pakistan has received a tranche of procured 0.5 million doses of Chinese-based company SinoVac's vaccine.
The NCOC said that Pakistan had purchased these doses as they were not part of the donation from China.
Earlier this month, the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan (DRAP) had granted emergency authorisation to the SinoVac's vaccine —CoronaVac.
This was the fifth coronavirus vaccine and the third Chinese vaccine allowed by Pakistan for emergency use.
Pakistan is already using China’s two-dose Sinopharm and single-dose Convidecia vaccine developed by the Cansino Biologicals.
The country has also approved the use of UK’s AstraZeneca and Russian Sputnik V vaccines.
Pakistan mulls lockdown in cities with high Covid ... 07:36 PM | 24 Apr, 2021
ISLAMABAD – As the third wave of the pandemic is intensifying in Pakistan, the government is mulling to impose ...
- Women can claim inheritance in their lifetime only: SC12:15 AM | 24 Sep, 2021
- National T20 Cup: Defending Champions Khyber Pakhtunkhwa beat Central ...11:45 PM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan urges OIC to enhance efforts for lasting solution to Kashmir ...09:49 PM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Ayeza Khan all praises for Imran Abbas’s new look05:45 PM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Adnan Shah Tipu reveals why he rejected 'Sacred Games 2'05:00 PM | 23 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah spotted playing with her fluffy cat in latest viral videos04:33 PM | 23 Sep, 2021