Pakistan bans travellers from India over coronavirus fears
ISLAMABAD – With India reporting record surge in the number of novel coronavirus cases, Pakistan on Monday banned passengers coming from the neighbouring country.
The decision of was taken by the National Command and Operation Centre, Pakistan’s top body to monitor COVID-19 situation, in a meeting chaired by Federal Minister for Planning and Development Asad Umar.
The ban has been imposed for two weeks as India has been placed in category ‘C’ over prevalent health crisis there. Passengers will not be able to enter Pakistan both through land and air routes.
According to Indian health ministry, the country reported a record rise in coronavirus cases of 273,810, taking total number of infections beyond 15 million, as it is battling with second wave of the virus.
India recorded 1,619 death from the COVID-19 during last 24 hours while its total death toll has surged to 178,769.
India is at the fourth place after the United States, Brazil and Mexico to record highest death due to virus.
The Indian capital, New Delhi, is being placed a strict lockdown for six days starting from tonight, Delhi state’s Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said, adding the healthcare system was about the collapse due to the worsening COVID-19 outbreak.
UK PM Boris Johnson cancels India tour 04:09 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson has cancelled his India tour because of the country’s escalating ...
- Saheefa Jabbar criticises Ramadan transmissions amid rise in Covid ...02:57 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 1.2m doses of British vaccine AstraZeneca arrive in Pakistan02:32 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Govt to challenge LHC decision of removing Shehbaz’s name from ...01:57 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Meet UAE's most followed social media star - Omar Hassan10:14 PM | 7 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021
- Tips to follow when walking for weight loss08:11 PM | 29 Apr, 2021