ICC Women's World Cup 2017: Pakistan qualifies for final despite defeat by India
India bundled out Pakistan for a meagre 67 in 43.4 overs after asking them to bat upon winning the toss. The team then achieved the target in just 22.3 overs, scoring 70 for three to post a comprehensive win which helped it top the Super 6 table.
Ekta Bisht shone for India with an impressive five-wicket haul, finishing with brilliant figures of 10-7-8-5.
Shikha Pandey (2/09) chipped in with a couple of wickets. The two bowlers ran through the Pakistani batting line-up.
They kept losing wickets regularly and only two Pakistani batters could reach the double-digit mark.
Chasing a modest target, India rode on responsible knocks from Deepti Sharma (29 not out) and Harmanpreet Kaur (24) to reach the target with 165 balls to spare.
Deepti and Harmanpreet put on a solid 42 runs together for the third wicket.
For Pakistan, Sadia Yousuf claimed two wickets by giving away 19 runs.
Pakistan Women: 67 all out in 43.4 overs (Ayesha Zafar 19; Ekta Bisht 5/08, Shikha Pandey 2/09).
India Women: 70 for 3 in 22.3 overs (Deepti Sharma 29 not out, Harmanpreet Kaur 24; Sadia Yousuf 2/19).
- PSL 2021 – Lahore Qalandars win toss and elect to bowl first ...06:05 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan gets $3.17 billion debt relief from G-2005:51 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Watch — PTI MNA Ali Nawaz Awan caught hurling abuses at opposition ...05:46 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021