Section 144 imposed in Karachi for 15 days amid looming terrorist threats
The law will be effective from midnight on February 20.
Section 144 prohibits public gatherings of five or more people and display of weapons. According to the notification, Section 144 has been imposed in specific areas of Karachi.
The law bans the assembly of more than five people in public places. All political and religious congregations in the city have been cancelled, and all permissions issued have also been revoked.
The decision has been taken to ensure the security of people in the wake of looming terrorist threats.
- Pakistan Navy ship Zulfiquar returns after participating in Russian ...08:46 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- World Bank vice president to visit Pakistan next week for crucial ...08:19 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- vivo marks 4th anniversary with renewed commitment and dedication to ...07:31 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan receives 3 million Moderna vaccine doses from US07:17 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new swimming pool photo sets internet on fire05:32 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Influencer-model Shanzay Sheikh labelled as a 'home wrecker' by moral ...05:00 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Meera wanted to have fake scandal with Ali Zafar, reveals Nadia Khan03:21 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021