Two Afghan goods trucks enter India through Wagah Border
LAHORE - Two trucks of Afghan goods crossed over to India on Saturday, six days after Pakistan announced the resumption of Afghan exports to India through the Attari-Wagah border to facilitate transit trade, Hindustan Times reported.
"This was the first shipment of licorice (mulethi) entered the Integrated Check Post (ICP), Attari, on Saturday,” said a senior Indian Customs official in Amritsar.
“We had information that seven or eight trucks of Afghan goods would enter India, and we had made arrangements accordingly,” said a senior official of the Land Port Authority of India (LPAI), which oversees the ICP’s affairs.
"At the special request of the government of Afghanistan" and "with a view to facilitating Afghanistan’s transit trade," Pakistan will allow Afghan exports through Wagah crossing from July 15, after taking COVID-19 measures, Pakistan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement said on July 13.
On July 12, Pakistan also opened the Angor Ada and Dand-e-Patan crossings in Paktia and Paktika provinces to Afghan goods, almost two weeks after it opened the Spin Boldak, Torkham and Ghulam Khan crossings.
- President Alvi passes Parents Protection Ordinance 202108:50 PM | 8 May, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Pakistan on top after Abid Ali hits maiden double ton08:00 PM | 8 May, 2021
- PM Imran and wife Bushra walk barefoot to Masjid-e-Nabwi (VIDEO)07:17 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Prime suspect in British-Pakistani woman's murder case surrenders to ...06:35 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Mahira Khan all set to hit Indian screens again04:39 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021