India thrash Bangladesh by 109 runs
Bangladesh team, while chasing the 303 runs target, collapsed at 193 runs only in 45 overs. Nasir Hossain was the top scorer player of the inning who made 35 runs off 34 runs.
Indian bowler Yadav picked 4 wickets whereas Shami and Jadeja managed for 2 wickets each. Mohit Sharma ousted one Bangldeshi batsman.
Earlier Opener Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina rescued India from early trouble with a century stand to set Bangladesh a challenging 303-run target to win their World Cup quarter-final.
Rohit blasted his seventh one-day century with 137 off 126 balls while Raina smashed 65 from 57 balls to boost the defending champions' total to 302 for six after they won the toss on a flat pitch.
The pair rescued India from a shaky 115 for three in the 28th over with a 122-run partnership and some lusty late hitting nudged India's total beyond 300 with two balls left when such a score unlikely at the half-way stage of their innings.
India will face either Pakistan or Australia in the semifinal match who fight each other in the third quarterfinal match on Friday.
- NAB presents ‘Corona-positive’ patient in court01:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Tecno and M&P celebrate 1 billion sales record01:40 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Airplane disappears in snow cloud seconds after landing (Video)12:52 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan Naval Chief visits Turkish Naval Shipyards12:52 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Three gunned down over old enmity in KP12:20 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020