Ramazan: Things that break and do not break fast
With the inception of the holy month, Muslims abstain from drinking, eating, smoking, any sexual activity, etc from dawn to sunset in order to keep invalidate their fast.
Here are some rulings derived from Fatwas of famous Muslim scholars about this critical issue.
Smelling of Applying Perfumes
According to Shaykh Ibn al-Uthaymin and Shaykh Ibn Baz, fast does not break by smelling or applying or incense unless you do not inhale and ingest it.
Blooding From Mouth and Nose
Use of Inhaler
Use of an inhaler (puffer or pump), a medical device usually used by asthma patients for delivering medication into the body, does not break the fast.
According to the Mufti, the fast does not break by removing the tooth.
Sometimes a person who observes the fast need to undergo an emergency blood test for diagnosing the disease, the scholar says it does not break the fast unless the extraction of blood equates to the same amount of blood extracted from cupping.
Putting drops in the nose for treatment does not break the fast unless taste of drops reaches the throat or stomach.
Skaykh Ibn al-Uthaymin said that tasting the food does not break the fast, saying it is permissible for the one preparing the mead to taste food using the tip of the tongue whilst taking precaution in not swallowing anything.
Engaging in sexual activities whether these are happening between sexual relations between dawn and sunset breaks the fast.
The fast will not break by using mouthwash and toothpaste. However, it is preferable to avoid using toothpaste or mouthwash as they may reach the throat.
Vomiting does not break the fast unless vomiting happens intentionally.
Kissing and Hugging
The scholar says kissing and hugging do not break the fast, however, this is only allowed if it does not lead to sexual arousal. The emission of prostatic fluid does not break the fast unless resulted in ejaculation.
The religious scholar says, using cosmetics or makeup does not break the fast.
Using eye drops also does not break the fast even if the taste of the medicine reaches the throat.
- State Bank of Pakistan grants EMI License to Finja12:26 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra granted bail in pornography case ...12:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Saudi Arabia once again offers to mediate between Pakistan, India10:58 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Info Minister's brother Faisal Chaudhry made NAB prosecutor10:26 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Ahead of UN talks, FM Qureshi calls for unfreezing of Afghan assets ...09:56 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021