Al-Qaeda operative Umar Jalal Kathio arrested from Karachi
Media channels reported on Monday that Pakistani security forces and intelligence agencies arrested multiple high profile al-Qaeda operatives.
Kathio and his wife were reportedly shifted to an undisclosed location, however, it has emerged that the militant was arrested a couple of years back.
- my comments here: https://t.co/oLLhwG9GDi
— F. Jeffery ? (@Natsecjeff) November 19, 2018
The reports went viral a day after US President Donald Trump slammed Pakistan for what he said ‘doing nothing for the US’ and alleged that the country sheltered Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden for years.
Trump, in an interview, said that people in Pakistan knew the top terrorist leader was living there. “But living in Pakistan right next to the military academy, everybody in Pakistan knew he was there," he told Fox News.
Pakistan has not done a 'damn thing for us': ... 09:14 AM | 19 Nov, 2018
ISLAMABAD - US President Donald Trump has once again unleashed rant against Pakistan, accusing it of not having done a ...
On Monday, in a series of tweets, Pakistan's prime minister responded that Pakistan had suffered 75,000 casualties and lost $123 billion in the "US War on Terror" that followed 9/11, despite the fact that no Pakistanis were involved in the attacks.
Record needs to be put straight on Mr Trump's tirade against Pakistan: 1. No Pakistani was involved in 9/11 but Pak decided to participate in US War on Terror. 2. Pakistan suffered 75,000 casualties in this war & over $123 bn was lost to economy. US "aid" was a miniscule $20 bn.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) November 19, 2018
3. Our tribal areas were devastated & millions of ppl uprooted from their homes. The war drastically impacted lives of ordinary Pakistanis. 4. Pak continues to provide free lines of ground & air communications(GLOCs/ALOCs).Can Mr Trump name another ally that gave such sacrifices?— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) November 19, 2018
Instead of making Pakistan a scapegoat for their failures, the US should do a serious assessment of why, despite 140000 NATO troops plus 250,000 Afghan troops & reportedly $1 trillion spent on war in Afghanistan, the Taliban today are stronger than before.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) November 19, 2018
Imran Khan maintains the US has only provided a "miniscule" $20 billion in aid.
Islamic Theology of Counter-Terrorism (ITCT) has now clarified that Kathio was arrested in 2016 and had no link with Ayman al Zawahiri as reported earlier.
Following his stint with al-Qaeda as a close associate of bin Laden, Umar Jalal joined the Islamic State group along with his wife, and continued to carry out terrorist operations in Sindh province of Pakistan.
During his time with al-Qaeda and Islamic State, Umar Jalal was responsible for arranging funds and equipment for terrorist attacks.
- NBP closes one of four Bangladesh branches11:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shaheen Afridi pays his respect to Lala for wishing him success10:07 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Master Paints Jinnah Gold Cup 2021: Diamond Paints clinch title09:20 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Sri Lanka receives first COVID-19 vaccines shipment from COVAX08:28 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021