Court indicts ex-PM Raja Pervaiz in Gepco illegal recruitment case
Ashraf and other defendants in the case have been accused of hiring 437 employees in the power generation company by ignoring merit for the posts.
The court has also summoned witnesses to record their statements in the case.
In April, the court had issued arrest warrant for former prime minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, in the same case.
Justice Najam-ul-Hassan had heard the case during which Raja Pervez Ashraf’s lawyer asked the court to exempt his client from appearing, but the court rejected it.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had filed a reference against the former premier for misusing authority and violating the rules for hiring 437 employees in Gepco. The NAB also accused Ashraf of hiring even those people who did not submit applications for the jobs, adding that the illegal recruitment was made ‘to increase vote bank’.
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021