Ulema delegation assures PM Imran of cooperation during lockdown
ISLAMABAD - A delegation of Ulema (religious leaders) called on Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday and assured their full cooperation on the matters relating to congregational prayers at mosques during lockdown.
The delegation included Pir Amin ul Hasnat Shah, Pir Shams ul Amin, Pir Naqeeb ur Rehman, Maulana Muhammad Hanif Jalandhari, Maulana Tahir Mehmood Ashrafi, Maulana Hamid ul Haq Haqqani, Hafiz Ghulam Muhammad Sialvi, Allama Raja Abbas Nasir, Sahibzada Pir Sultan Fayyaz ul Hassan, Mufti Muhammad Gulzar Naeemi, Maulana Chiragh Din Shah and Maulana Ziauallah Shah.
“The Ulema delegation fully endorsed viewpoint of Prime Minister Imran Khan on lockdown,” the PM Office said in a statement.
Those who participated through video-link included Governor Sindh Imran Ismael, Mufti Muneeb ur Rehman and Mufti Taqi Usmani.
Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mehmood, Minister for Religious Affairs Noor ul Haq Qadri, PM’s Special Assistant on Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan and Chairman Council of Islamic Ideology Dr Qibla Ayaz attended the meeting.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020