Nawaz says his disqualification causes anarchy in country
He stated this while addressing a major public rally in Kot Momin after his GT Road Rally following his disqualification as prime minister by the Supreme Court on July 28 in the Panamagate verdict.
Lamenting the decision, he said that anarchy was spreading in country due to his disqualification. He put the burden of prevailing poor state of economy on the apex court's verdict, adding that people should not inquire Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi about trembles to the economy.
He further said that people of Pakistan had rejected the decision, adding that today's rally was a referendum against the verdict.
Nawaz said that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan himself confessed to owning an offshore companies, but the court acquitted him despite the facts. He said that dual standard of justice will not be accepted. He also called Imran Khan and PAT chief Dr Tahirul Qadri conspirators.
He said Imran, who accused everyone of corruption, is the most corrupt person, adding that the PTI chief used the charity money for gambling.
Earlier, Nawaz Sharif's daughter Maryam Nawaz addressing the rally said that the former premier did not need to strike any NRO like deal as he was not involved in any crime or found guilty by the court.
She also bashed his political rivals for "hiding behind one institution or the other" in order to defame Nawaz.
She recalled that it was the PML-N government that weed out terrorism an power shortage issues in country.
- China terms Australia-UK-US alliance ‘extremely irresponsible’, ...11:25 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- FO reacts to US State Secretary Blinken’s remarks about ...08:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021