6.4-magnitude earthquake jolts Pakistan
LAHORE - A powerful earthquake, mearing 6.4-magnitude, jolted parts of Pakistan on Friday evening. No casualty or damaged reported so far.
According to the National Seismic Monitoring Centre in Islamabad, the tremors were felt in Lahore, Faisalabad and northern areas of the country including Peshawar and Islamabad.
The epicentre of the earthquake was the Koh-e-Hindukush mountain in Afghanistan and it measured 210 kilometres deep, Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) said. The earthquake struck at 4:39pm.
The independent agency EMSC reported that a "strong" earthquake had occurred in the Hindu Kush Region.
As per Indian media reports, tremors were felt in the capital New Delhi, Mathura, Lucknow, Prayagraj, occupied Kashmir, and several other parts of North India.
A powerful 5.6-magnitude earthquake had jolted several cities and northern parts of the country in September, leaving at least 38 people dead and over 300 others injured.
It is a Developing story...
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020