Newly weds, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle postpone honeymoon to attend to royal duties
According to a an official statement from Kensington Palace, the royal couple will be delaying their honeymoon due to their very first few royal duties which have been lined up a mere three days after the wedding.
A bumper day of Royal Wedding updates from Kensington Palace! Deep breath... pic.twitter.com/gB6OFsaKrH— Hannah Furness (@Hannah_Furness) May 4, 2018
Their first priority is to fulfill the duties that have been bestowed on them like the titles they have been given and the couple will be seen attending Prince Charles’s 70th birthday patronage celebration at Buckingham Palace on the 22nd of May.
In an earlier interview to SkyNews, the couple confirmed that they will be staying in the UK for scheduled appearances and then will be off to Namibia in the following week.
The couple won’t immediately go on honeymoon. Instead they’ll attend an engagement the week after the wedding and then go away. Work is clearly a huge focus for the couple and the second half of their year “is going to be incredibly busy.” Can’t wait!— Omid Scobie (@scobie) May 4, 2018
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PML-N, PPP lock horns as polling begins for NA-133 by-election09:51 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Covid-19 claims 6 lives, infects 372 more in 24 hours09:29 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Celebrities dazzle at James Bond-themed party in Karachi04:33 PM | 4 Dec, 2021