Pakistan kicks off three-day polio campaign
He said eradication of polio from the country is a collective responsibility of every Pakistani.
Meanwhile, Coordinator National Emergency Operations Center for Polio Eradication Dr Rana Safdar said an effective policy is being pursued and all resources are being utilized to rid the country of this crippling virus.
A spokesman of the Provincial Health Department told our Peshawar correspondent that about six point seven million children upto five years of age will be administered anti-polio vaccine during the campaign.
More than thirty-one thousand teams have been constituted which will visit door-to-door to ensure administering anti-polio drops to all the children.
Polio teams are also available at bus stops, railway stations, Afghan refugee’s camps and other public places to administer anti-polio vaccine to all the children.
The spokesman added more than thirty thousand personnel of law enforcing agencies have been deputed for security of polio teams.
Three-day anti-polio drive also began in all the districts of Balochistan today.
About nine thousand mobile teams have been constituted which would administer anti-polio drops to the children on their door steps.
Foolproof security arrangements have been made for protection of mobile teams across the province.
- Pakistan’s naval, air chiefs condole death of India’s top general ...09:27 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Rohit Sharma repalces Virat Kohli as India’s ODI captain09:07 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- PAKvBAN: Babar Azam picks maiden international wicket in second Test ...08:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021