Sikandar Sultan Raja to be appointed as new Chief Election Commissioner
ISLAMABAD – Sikandar Sultan Raja will be appointed as the new Chief Election Commissioner (CEC), the Radio Pakistan reported on Tuesday.
A consensus decision to this effect was taken at the meeting of parliamentary committee on appointment of Chief Election Commissioner and the members of the Election Commission in Islamabad on Tuesday.
The meeting also agreed to appoint Nisar Durrani as member of Election Commission from Sindh and Shah Muhammad Jatoi as its member from Balochistan.
Minister for Human Rights Shireen Mazari said it is a matter of great satisfaction that the parliament settled the matter with consensus. She said the names will now be forwarded to the Prime Minister.
- Adnan Siddiqui, Humayun Saeed team up for new Pak-Turk project11:53 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- ‘Accha’ makes it to Cambridge Dictionary11:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Virgin Atlantic launches direct flights for Pakistan next week11:14 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- PIA removed from EU Commission’s list of banned airlines10:41 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Punjab governor, wife volunteer for COVID-19 vaccine trial10:19 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani responds to ‘hair loss’ lawsuit07:50 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Agha Ali celebrates birthday with family07:04 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- ‘Beautiful bond’ between Rahim Pardesi's wives sparks online ...09:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020