Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulzar Ahmad tests positive for COVID-19: reports
ISLAMABAD – Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Gulzar Ahmad has tested positive for coronavirus, according to social media reports.
However, the Supreme Court of the top judge's office is yet to make a statement.
Chief Justice of Pakistan 63 year old Justice Gulzar Ahmad has tested positive for Coronavirus— omar r quraishi (@omar_quraishi) January 21, 2021
Justice Gulzar Ahmed, 63, who replaced Justice Asif Saeed Khosa as the chief justice on 21 December 2019, will serve till Feb 21, 2022.
Justice Ahmed was part of the five-judge bench that disqualified former premier Nawaz Sharif in the Panama Papers case.
This is a developing story.
- Sindh announces winter vacations for schools from Dec 2003:19 PM | 9 Dec, 2021
- ‘Didn’t aid or abet anyone in Afghanistan,’ Pakistan’s NSA ...03:00 PM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Factory manager killed in Pakistan over 'blasphemy' buried in Lankan ...02:06 PM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan, China hold first economic committee meeting in 11 years01:25 PM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Did Maoist separatists target the chopper carrying India's top ...12:42 PM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021