Meet Waseem Lata – the Pakistani man who sings in legendary Indian legend's voice (VIDEO)
Pakistan is a hub of multitalented individuals and this time around Waseem Lata in Hyderabad has found himself in the headlines.
Blessed with strong vocals like the legendary Indian singer Lata Mangeshkar, Waseem was spotted crooning the melody queen's song.
A huge fan of Mangeshkar, Waseem revealed that as a child he used to play Lata’s songs and sing along them. Later, he realised the uncanny resemblance in his pitch with the legendary singer's voice.
“Now I had to try singing in Lata jee’s voice somewhere big,” he said. “There was a function in our neighbourhood where I performed in front of people for the first time. I received a lot of gifts and immense praise.”
This man 'Waseem Lata' from Hyderabad, #Pakistan sings in #LataMangeshkar voice and is quite popular in his city.— azhar khan (@azharkhn4) January 19, 2021
He also wishes to meet and perform before the legendary singer @mangeshkarlata pic.twitter.com/yjAMDYAuk5
Waseem was introduced to a reputed musicians club at a function by Nadeem Noor, was asked to sing before them and received much appreciation. “They were really impressed and gave me a couple of songs.”
A painter by profession, Waseem reminisced about his life which has been full of hardships and struggles. “My father was a painter, too.” Unfortunately, his father had to give up work because he was asthmatic, and the doctors had warned him that his condition could worsen if he continued painting.
“I was only eight years old when I took on the responsibilities of our household with my elder brother,” said Waseem. The two learned to paint, and also unloaded trucks full of logs. “It took us three hours to unload a truck and they paid us Rs20 only.”
Waseem says he could never have imagined he would achieve such fame one day. He still feels like he is dreaming. “I’ve been receiving so many calls lately that I don’t even have the time to spend at home.”
WATCH – Pakistan's only SHO who leads Friday ... 06:27 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
Gultaj Raja is the station house officer (SHO) or Taxila Police Station where for the past four months, he has not only ...
- NBP closes one of four Bangladesh branches11:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shaheen Afridi pays his respect to Lala for wishing him success10:07 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Master Paints Jinnah Gold Cup 2021: Diamond Paints clinch title09:20 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Sri Lanka receives first COVID-19 vaccines shipment from COVAX08:28 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021