VIDEO: Priest violently slaps toddler during baptism
The incident took place inside a church during a baptism ceremony, as seen in footage that emerged on Wednesday. Visibly scared, the toddler is crying, which apparently annoys the clergyman. After he fails to calm the child down, the priest ends up slapping the child, uttering the words “Calm down” in front of the toddler’s surprised and shocked parents. For a few moments, they look speechless but the father then grabs his child out of the priest’s arms.
It’s not yet clear exactly where and when the incident captured in the video took place. However, the priest is speaking French and the story appeared on a local news website of Martinique and Guadeloupe, French territories in the Caribbean Sea.
People on YouTube took to the comments section to express their outrage at the priest’s behaviour. “This is in front of cameras, what would happen behind the scenes when you leave a priest and a child alone?” one person wrote.
- Pakistan’s ‘unstoppable' athletes clinch 13 medals at Mount ...01:24 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Leaked audio clips of PM Shehbaz, ministers up for sale on dark web: ...11:24 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022