VIDEO – Pakistan Navy marks World Hydrography Day
KARACHI – Pakistan Navy as part of celebrating World Hydrography Day has released a video to mark the event.
The video depicts importance and utility of this day.
According to a naval spokesperson, focus of this year's day is on key role that hydrography can play in support of autonomous technologies.
All countries are bound to conduct hydrographic survey of their oceanic frontiers according to international maritime law.
In a statement Sunday, the spokesperson added that Hydrography Department of Pakistan Navy has been playing a prominent role in establishment of ports, extension of continental shelf and maritime research for national development.
#PakNavy along with Intl Hydrographic community observing #WorldHydrographyDay. The day signifies importance & role of Hydrography in Safety of Navigation, Protection of Marine Env, Coastal Zone Mgt, Defence & Security & other components of Blue Economy/ National Growth. (1/3) pic.twitter.com/wYWk2Fw93w— DGPR (Navy) (@dgprPaknavy) June 21, 2020
The spokesperson further said that Pakistan Navy is determined to explore new dimensions in maritime research by employing modern technologies.
Hydrography is the branch of applied science which deals with the measurement and description of the physical features of the navigable portion of the earth’s surface.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020