Mobile phones import reaches $526.036 million in eight months
Mobile phone imports in February 2018 remained the $69.779 million, increasing by 16.24 percent as compared to $60.029 million in February 2017, but decreased by 12.52 percent as compared to $79.762 million in January 2017, revealed latest data issued by Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS).
Overall telecom imports saw an increase of over 13.76 percent during July-February 2017-2018, compared to same period last year.
Total telecom imports were recorded at $1.003 billion during this period as compared to $882.175 million in July-February 2016-17. Telecom imports remained $127.388 million in February 2018 and registered 25.61 percent growth, as compared to $101.415 million during February 2017.
Other telecom apparatus import also witnessed a growth of over 12.94 percent in July-February 2017-18 as it stood at $477.519 million against $422.795 million during the same period last year. - APP
- Babar Masih wins Pakistan silver medal at IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup08:42 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran meets Pakistan’s T20 World Cup squad tomorrow08:11 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand makes arrests over KFC meals smuggling07:46 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- KP plans separate Panagah units for transgender person07:11 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan gives a boost to cricket in Uzbekistan06:44 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Juhi Chawla shares a throwback clip from her first TV show03:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2021