Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan under fire for supporting Modi's ideology
MUMBAI - Bollywood celebrities Aamir Khan , Shah Rukh Khan and a number of other prominent figures from Bollywood have recently faced major social media backlash for supporting Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s latest initiative.
Twitterati have been expressing their anger over Bollywood celebrities openly supporting an oppressor like Modi after his government imposed a lockdown in Occupied Kashmir while robbing it of its special status in August.
It was only recently that influential Bollywood celebrities were seen interacting with Modi and endorsing his newly launched project aimed at producing film and TV shows that popularise Mahatma Gandhi and his ideologies.
Since then, Bollywood actors including Aamir and Shah Rukh Khan have been criticised by the social media users who are slamming them for subscribing to the ideologies of PM Modi.
Thank u @narendramodi for hosting us & having such an open discussion on #ChangeWithin & the role artistes can play in spreading awareness of the msgs of The Mahatma. Also the idea of a University of Cinema is extremely opportune! pic.twitter.com/kWRbNk3xzo— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) October 19, 2019
Let's have a look at some of the reaction to SRK 's post:
Will those who went for Priyanka with pitchforks for tweeting Jai Hind and not actively coming out in support of the Kashmiris also get as agitated by these two?— Sabahat Zakariya (@sabizak) October 21, 2019
But last heard, Aamir Khan had security concerns living in India, no? What changed? https://t.co/hZWicGb6kS— Aman Malik (@PatrakaarPopat) October 19, 2019
anjali should have chosen aman smh https://t.co/z4WmiOlqEK— crackbaby (@sxhyr) October 19, 2019
The same SRK and Aamir Khan who were abused and asked to go to Pakistan not too long ago have now become 'the pride of India' for the RW.— Sania Ahmad (@SaniaAhmad1111) October 19, 2019
How cute! https://t.co/9g79LA07F3
you can search through the entirety of Bollywood and still not find a single spine https://t.co/9KadrgWYY5— krantikari kiwi 🥝✊ (@KiwiShake_) October 19, 2019
Other celebrities that attended the occasion included Jacqueline Fernandez, Kangana Ranaut, Ekta Kapoor, Anurag Basu, Imtiaz Ali, and Boney Kapoor.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments box below.
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019