Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan under fire for supporting Modi's ideology
MUMBAI - Bollywood celebrities Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and a number of other prominent figures from Bollywood have recently faced major social media backlash for supporting Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s latest initiative.
Twitterati have been expressing their anger over Bollywood celebrities openly supporting an oppressor like Modi after his government imposed a lockdown in Occupied Kashmir while robbing it of its special status in August.
It was only recently that influential Bollywood celebrities were seen interacting with Modi and endorsing his newly launched project aimed at producing film and TV shows that popularise Mahatma Gandhi and his ideologies.
Since then, Bollywood actors including Aamir and Shah Rukh Khan have been criticised by the social media users who are slamming them for subscribing to the ideologies of PM Modi.
Thank u @narendramodi for hosting us & having such an open discussion on #ChangeWithin & the role artistes can play in spreading awareness of the msgs of The Mahatma. Also the idea of a University of Cinema is extremely opportune! pic.twitter.com/kWRbNk3xzo— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) October 19, 2019
Let's have a look at some of the reaction to SRK's post:
Will those who went for Priyanka with pitchforks for tweeting Jai Hind and not actively coming out in support of the Kashmiris also get as agitated by these two?— Sabahat Zakariya (@sabizak) October 21, 2019
But last heard, Aamir Khan had security concerns living in India, no? What changed? https://t.co/hZWicGb6kS— Aman Malik (@PatrakaarPopat) October 19, 2019
anjali should have chosen aman smh https://t.co/z4WmiOlqEK— crackbaby (@sxhyr) October 19, 2019
The same SRK and Aamir Khan who were abused and asked to go to Pakistan not too long ago have now become 'the pride of India' for the RW.— Sania Ahmad (@SaniaAhmad1111) October 19, 2019
How cute! https://t.co/9g79LA07F3
Other celebrities that attended the occasion included Jacqueline Fernandez, Kangana Ranaut, Ekta Kapoor, Anurag Basu, Imtiaz Ali, and Boney Kapoor.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments box below.
- Pillion riding banned in Sindh on Muharram 9, 1011:14 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Afghanistan thanks Pakistan Army chief for supporting reconciliation ...07:57 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Railways changes routes of some Karachi-bound trains07:37 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020