Speaking English in front of those who don’t understand the language is an insult to them, says PM Imran Khan
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan says speaking English in front of those who don’t understand the language is an insult to them.
Speaking at a ceremony to introduce a new system to get inheritance certificates, the Pakistani premier was about to say an English proverb, but stopped short and said since most people in the country did not understand the foreign language, he did not want to humiliate them by speaking in foreign language.
His remark comes amid the social media backlash to the owners of a high-end café in Islamabad for posting a video in which they humiliated their eatery’s manager over his poor English skills.
Celebs call out 'elite aunties' of Cannoli for ... 08:45 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
Cannoli by Cafe Soul's owners Uzma and Thea came under fire and are being slammed by netizens over their elitist ...
Khan, who gives great importance to social media, refrained from commenting on the viral issue, but his statement can be seen as being influenced by the social media response the ‘elite aunties’ got for their demeaner.
The prime minister said we should respect our people.
Shaniera Akram challenges 'Elite Aunties' for a ... 11:33 AM | 22 Jan, 2021
Shaniera Akram, wife of former Pakistani cricket captain Wasim Akram, has challenged the infamous owners of Cannoli, a ...
- Pakistan Army, ISI chiefs discuss national security with PM Imran02:53 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- WATCH – Kieron Pollard smashes 6 sixes in an over01:50 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Deepika Padukone and Tiger Shroff accused of plagiarism07:21 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Nauheed Cyrusi recreates Piya Basanti as the famous track turns 2007:00 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021