Speaking English in front of those who don’t understand the language is an insult to them, says PM Imran Khan
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan says speaking English in front of those who don’t understand the language is an insult to them.
Speaking at a ceremony to introduce a new system to get inheritance certificates, the Pakistani premier was about to say an English proverb, but stopped short and said since most people in the country did not understand the foreign language, he did not want to humiliate them by speaking in foreign language.
His remark comes amid the social media backlash to the owners of a high-end café in Islamabad for posting a video in which they humiliated their eatery’s manager over his poor English skills.
Celebs call out 'elite aunties' of Cannoli for ... 08:45 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
Cannoli by Cafe Soul's owners Uzma and Thea came under fire and are being slammed by netizens over their elitist ...
Khan, who gives great importance to social media, refrained from commenting on the viral issue, but his statement can be seen as being influenced by the social media response the ‘elite aunties’ got for their demeaner.
The prime minister said we should respect our people.
Shaniera Akram challenges 'Elite Aunties' for a ... 11:33 AM | 22 Jan, 2021
Shaniera Akram, wife of former Pakistani cricket captain Wasim Akram, has challenged the infamous owners of Cannoli, a ...
- Arrest warrant issued for PM's aide Shahbaz Gill in defamation suit02:56 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Sacked Indian teacher arrested for cheering Pakistan's victory in T20 ...01:46 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- WATCH: Babar Azam suggests interesting change in cricket rule01:04 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021