Amir tests negative for COVID-19 ahead of England series
LAHORE – Pakistan’s first bowler Mohammad Amir has been tested negative in the first COVID-19 test.
“It was the first test and the second will be carried out tomorrow, Wednesday, and after getting its result we will be making arrangements for his travel plan to join Pakistan Cricket squad in England," said a spokesman of the PCB.
Amir opted out not to tour England due to birth of his daughter and Pakistan teams head coach, Misbah ul Haq persuaded him to change his decision in the larger interest of country’s cricket. As part of the process, Amir requires two negative tests to be eligible to travel to the United Kingdom.
After two successive negative tests Amir will be moved to a bio-secure environment. The left-hand pacer is expected to leave for England over the weekend.
As soon as Amir will join the squad, reserve wicketkeeper-batsman Rohail Nazir will be released from his duties.
- Kashmir will be free soon: PM Imran04:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020