Pakistan decides to reverse sales tax on sugar to ex-mill rate
ISLAMABAD – The federal government has decided to reverse the sales tax to the ex-mill rate till 30th November this year, in order to ensure reasonable reduction in sugar price.
The decision was taken during a meeting on Thursday in Islamabad chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan to review prices of essential commodities.
It was also decided that ministries of industries and finance would review the future requirement of sugar and its import.
PM Imran directed the chief secretaries for suitable fixation of prices of essential daily items and ensure their implementation, according to the state broadcaster.
It was also decided to take strict action against the negligent concerned officials. For the fixation of proper price of edible oil, it was decided to frame a system.
PM Imran also directed for early finalization of legislation over the data sharing of necessary daily use items.
- MOFA rejects assertions made against Pakistan by ex-Canadian minister12:27 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lamont Marcell Jacobs creates history as first ...11:58 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prayer leader arrested for attempt to rape two minor girls in ...11:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to get 3.5mn doses of Chinese COVID vaccines in two days: ...10:49 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: COVID SOPs go for a toss at PTI MNA daughter’s big fat ...10:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video in bold dress goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021