Twitter reacts to Gharidah Farooqi’s remarks about animal sacrifice on Eidul al-Adha
KARACHI – Pakistan's celebrated journalist and primetime host Gharidah Farooqi Thursday irked netizens after she shared a controversial tweet about the sacrifice of animals on Eid al-Adha.
As the country is celebrating the ‘Festival of Sacrifice’, with religious zeal and fervor, the G for Garida anchor like all celebrities shared a tweet but her post draws huge backlash and is currently trending on Twitter.
Gharida in her post wrote, “Spare an animal’s life if you can. Embrace the philosophy behind the incident and the divine message, in your life Folded hands. This day is not to mark meat eating”.
Spare an animal’s life if you can.— Gharidah Farooqi (@GFarooqi) July 21, 2021
Embrace the philosophy behind the incident and the divine message, in your life 🙏🏼
This day is not to mark meat eating.
Love animals. Let them live.
Eid Mubarak ✨💐
She further added “Love animals. Let them live”.
Soon after the tweet of the Pakistani journo, a large number of social media users re-tweeted her post and asked her to quit eating fast food as the big food chains also slaughter flocks of animals each day.
As some slammed her for eating fast food and steaks in the past, others roasted her by sharing her old pictures in which the senior journalist can be seen enjoying steaks, Biryani, and Nihari. Netizens also lambasted her for using leather purses and shoes which are also made from the skins of various animals.
Check all the reactions here:
About 1 billion animals are killed each year by #KFC, #McDonalds, Burger King etc to feed the rich, make money and no one bats an eye.— PTI lover (@_pti_lover) July 22, 2021
During #Eid, Muslims #Sacrifice them to feed the poor for and everyone losses his minds.#eiduladha2021
Proud to be a #Muslim ✌❤
Steak tou sirf LAHORE main achi milti hai na? Ya kisi khaas company main Nihari payee khaati hain aap? pic.twitter.com/uhXInIGOgd— Hina Safdar (@hinasafi) July 21, 2021
یہ غریدہ فاروقی اس نے بیگ ہمیشہ پیور لیدر کا ہی لیا ہو گا اور جوتا بھی یقیناً لیدر کا ہی پہنتی ہو گی یا پھر خواہش تو ضرور ہو گی، سردیوں میں لیدر جیکٹ اور فر والا کوٹ بھی پسند ہو گا بس اگر نہیں پسند تو سنتِ ابراہیمی نہیں پسند.— ندیّا اطہر (@naddiyyaathar) July 21, 2021
Nihari khalein pic.twitter.com/TZrMWNwDVj— Lame Brown Dude (@AliSufianWasif) July 21, 2021
Is this you?— Mian Sb 🍂 (@AdilJamalArain) July 21, 2021
Nihari and Biryani lover 😂🖐🏻 pic.twitter.com/hqJ3fKtXFh
Burgers and steak k lye meat download kia tha Ghareeda shareef? pic.twitter.com/xF74uIhcGr— Zahra Khan (@ZKhaanAli) July 21, 2021
- MOFA rejects assertions made against Pakistan by ex-Canadian minister12:27 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lamont Marcell Jacobs creates history as first ...11:58 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prayer leader arrested for attempt to rape two minor girls in ...11:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to get 3.5mn doses of Chinese COVID vaccines in two days: ...10:49 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: COVID SOPs go for a toss at PTI MNA daughter’s big fat ...10:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video in bold dress goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021