Pakistan armed forces gift Personal Protective Equipment to US military amid coronavirus
WASHINGTON - Pakistan’s Armed Forces have made a gift of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to the U.S. Armed Forces as a gesture of solidarity amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to the Pakistani embassy.
The consignment of PPE arrived via a C-130 flight from Islamabad which landed Andrews Air Force Base (AFB), Maryland, Wednesday afternoon.
Pakistan’s Ambassador to the US, Dr. Asad Majeed Khan, and senior officers of the embassy’s Defence Wing were present at the airport. Also present were David Helvey, Acting Assistant Secretary of Defence for Indo-Pacific Security Affairs, and other American officials.
In his remark on the occasion, Ambassador Khan referred to the historic ties between the people of two countries and their armed forces. He said that armed forces of both countries had fought together in the global war on terrorism and stand together in fight against COVID-19 pandemic.
This, the Pakistani envoy said, was a manifestation of the longstanding and close cooperation between the armed forces of both countries, particularly in dealing with natural calamity, as both Pakistan and the U.S. remain closely
engaged in combating COVID-19, he added.
The equipment has been handed over to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for onward delivery to the U.S. Armed Forces.
- COVID19 – Here’s how PIA will bring back Pakistanis stranded in ...07:47 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa reports Sikh doctor’s death from coronavirus07:32 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- FIA summons Shoaib Akhtar over dispute with PCB’s legal adviser07:24 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Lea Michele apologises after ‘Glee’ co-star Samantha Ware accused ...07:21 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- Mahira Khan, Armeena Rana and others demand justice for Zohra Shah05:10 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- I can’t return to Pakistan because people continue to ignore ...12:22 PM | 3 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020