Pakistan armed forces gift Personal Protective Equipment to US military amid coronavirus
WASHINGTON - Pakistan’s Armed Forces have made a gift of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to the U.S. Armed Forces as a gesture of solidarity amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to the Pakistani embassy.
The consignment of PPE arrived via a C-130 flight from Islamabad which landed Andrews Air Force Base (AFB), Maryland, Wednesday afternoon.
Pakistan’s Ambassador to the US, Dr. Asad Majeed Khan, and senior officers of the embassy’s Defence Wing were present at the airport. Also present were David Helvey, Acting Assistant Secretary of Defence for Indo-Pacific Security Affairs, and other American officials.
In his remark on the occasion, Ambassador Khan referred to the historic ties between the people of two countries and their armed forces. He said that armed forces of both countries had fought together in the global war on terrorism and stand together in fight against COVID-19 pandemic.
This, the Pakistani envoy said, was a manifestation of the longstanding and close cooperation between the armed forces of both countries, particularly in dealing with natural calamity, as both Pakistan and the U.S. remain closely
engaged in combating COVID-19, he added.
The equipment has been handed over to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for onward delivery to the U.S. Armed Forces.
- PSL6, Match 6 - Karachi Kings set huge target of 197-run for ...09:01 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Karachi Kings’ Babar and Sharjeel set highest opening partnership ...08:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- CJCSC Gen Nadeem discusses bilateral cooperation with UAE top ...08:16 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- MPAs to be suspended if dogs bite anyone in Sindh constituencies, ...07:33 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan Army working to arrest TTP’s Ehsanullah Ehsan again: DG ...06:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Hassan Ali and Chris Gayle shake a leg on the Googly Challenge04:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Indian TikToker turns out to be Shoaib Akhtar’s doppelgänger02:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Shaniera Akram reminds netizens to 'Pawri' with their masks on02:30 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021