India test-fires Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile system amid warmongering against Pakistan
BALASORE - India has successfully test-fired its Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) system on Monday amid its army chief’s threats of imposing a war on Pakistan.
The missile, developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), was tested against live aerial targets from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur near Balasore, a defence statement said.
The missiles are equipped with indigenous array radar, an Inertial Navigation System, a Data Link, and an RF (radio frequency) seeker. They have strike rage of 25 to 30 kilometers.
"The entire event was monitored by ground telemetry systems, range radar systems and electro-optical tracking system," the statement said.
The QRSAM weapon system, which operates on the move, comprises fully automated command and control, active array battery surveillance radar, active array battery multifunction radar and launcher, NDTV reported.
Both the radars are four-walled having 360-degree coverage with search on move and track on move capability, it said.
The weapon system is likely to be inducted into the armed forces by 2021.
The tests come as Indian Army Chief Gen. Bipin Rawat issued threats of war to Pakistan. However, the Pakistan Army said that it is fully prepared to thwart any misadventure by India.
- COAS satisfied over LEA’s coherent response for peace in Karachi12:05 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- India, China agree to cool down tension along LAC after Galwan clash10:58 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- India approves purchase of Russian fighter jets amid border stand-off ...10:32 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Stock Exchange sets up fund for attack victims10:26 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- At least 126 jade miners buried in Myanmar landslide10:11 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Khan's home staff contract coronavirus01:32 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat writes a heartwarming birthday wish for filmmaker Uzma ...12:57 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Samra Raza Mir to release a new song soon12:36 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020