India test-fires Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile system amid warmongering against Pakistan
BALASORE - India has successfully test-fired its Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) system on Monday amid its army chief’s threats of imposing a war on Pakistan.
The missile, developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), was tested against live aerial targets from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur near Balasore, a defence statement said.
The missiles are equipped with indigenous array radar, an Inertial Navigation System, a Data Link, and an RF (radio frequency) seeker. They have strike rage of 25 to 30 kilometers.
"The entire event was monitored by ground telemetry systems, range radar systems and electro-optical tracking system," the statement said.
The QRSAM weapon system, which operates on the move, comprises fully automated command and control, active array battery surveillance radar, active array battery multifunction radar and launcher, NDTV reported.
Both the radars are four-walled having 360-degree coverage with search on move and track on move capability, it said.
The weapon system is likely to be inducted into the armed forces by 2021.
The tests come as Indian Army Chief Gen. Bipin Rawat issued threats of war to Pakistan. However, the Pakistan Army said that it is fully prepared to thwart any misadventure by India.
- PTI govt opens process for privatisation of public entities09:55 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- ATC acquits 40 accused in Youhanabad lynching cases09:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Zameen.com ready to hold Karachi Expo on February 1 and 208:18 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Ufone felicitates KPC’s new leadership08:12 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019