Pakistan beat Sri Lanka in homecoming Test series
KARACHI - Pakistan bagged a historic victory against Sri Lanka by 263 runs, taking the series 1-0, in the second and final Test in Karachi on Monday.
Pakistan bowled Sri Lanka out for 212 after it set a target of 476 runs in their second innings.
This was Pakistan’s first home win in 13 years as the country won its last Test match against the West Indies in 2006.
The recent series was the first in Pakistan since an attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in 2009, resulting in the suspension of international cricket in the country.
On the fourth day of Karachi Test against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, in their second innings were 212 for 7 at stumps.
Earlier, Pakistan had declared their second innings at 555 runs for the loss of three wickets.
16-year-old Naseem had the best figures of 5-31. Yasir Shah picked up two wickets.
The victory has placed Pakistan to third in the ICC World Test Championship 2019-21 with 80 points.
- PTI govt opens process for privatisation of public entities09:55 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- ATC acquits 40 accused in Youhanabad lynching cases09:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Zameen.com ready to hold Karachi Expo on February 1 and 208:18 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Ufone felicitates KPC’s new leadership08:12 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019