Pakistan beat Sri Lanka in homecoming Test series
KARACHI - Pakistan bagged a historic victory against Sri Lanka by 263 runs, taking the series 1-0, in the second and final Test in Karachi on Monday.
Pakistan bowled Sri Lanka out for 212 after it set a target of 476 runs in their second innings.
This was Pakistan’s first home win in 13 years as the country won its last Test match against the West Indies in 2006.
The recent series was the first in Pakistan since an attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in 2009, resulting in the suspension of international cricket in the country.
On the fourth day of Karachi Test against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, in their second innings were 212 for 7 at stumps.
Earlier, Pakistan had declared their second innings at 555 runs for the loss of three wickets.
16-year-old Naseem had the best figures of 5-31. Yasir Shah picked up two wickets.
The victory has placed Pakistan to third in the ICC World Test Championship 2019-21 with 80 points.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020