PM Imran’s plane to ‘use Indian airspace’ for travel to Sri Lanka
ISLAMABAD – New Delhi has accepted Islamabad’s request to let Prime Minister Imran Khan’s airplane use Indian airspace to travel Sri Lanka.
Pakistan had requested for use of Indian air space, for which New Delhi granted permission. As per the protocol, heads of state or governments pass through the air space of other countries, the country is informed and due permission is taken.
The authorities of the two countries set the formalities for using the airspace.
Prime Minister is leaving for Sri Lanka on the maiden visit on the invitation of his Sri Lankan counterpart. According to the schedule, the premier will reach Bandaranaike International Airport at 4 pm today.
During the visit, PM @ImranKhanPTI will hold meetings with President Gotabaya Rajapaksa and Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa to exchange views on key regional and international issues @PresRajapaksa @SLUNNewYork @PakinSriLanka @ForeignOfficePk https://t.co/7VwIXrD9LG pic.twitter.com/9zfcnntIXH— Radio Pakistan (@RadioPakistan) February 23, 2021
Sri Lankan PM and top authorities will welcome Imran Khan after which he will meet the top leadership on the first day of his tour.
Khan will also participate in a joint trade and investment conference aimed at promoting trade and investment between the two countries. Different MoUs will be signed to enhance bilateral cooperation between two countries.
PM Imran embarks on 2-day maiden visit to Sri ... 11:48 AM | 22 Feb, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan will be visiting Sri Lanka on two-day official visit , starting tomorrow ...
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022