Electricity shortfall reaches 4500mw
According to National Transmission and Despatch Company (NTDC) official, power generation is 7,500mw against the demand of 12,000mw. The official said that hydel generation has been affected as water outflow from major water reserves has decreased due to closure of canals. The situation is likely to improve within next few days.
On the other hand, 800mw electricity generation has been stopped due to suspension of gas supply to Uch-I and Uch-II power plants. The gas supply was suspended following pipeline explosion in Dera Murad Jamali.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021