Mini Budget 2019: Here's the details of taxes imposed on imported smartphones
ISLAMABAD — Finance Minister Asad Umar on Wednesday presented the Finance Supplementary Second Amendment Bill, 2019, also known as the mini-budget, in the National Assemblyfor the current fiscal year.
The government has introduced combined tax on the imported smartphones according to Excise Act 2005.
According to the document, Cellular mobile phones or satellite phones to be charged on the basis of import value per set, or equivalent value in rupees in case of supply by the manufacturer.
Here’s the income tax imposed on imported mobile phone.
|C&F Value of Mobile Phone (in US Dollars)||Sales Tax (in Pak Rupees)||Tax Levy |
(In Pak Rupees)
|Income tax rate on import of mobile phones|
|Up to $30||Rs150||Nil||Rs70|
|$30 - $100||Rs1470||Nil||Rs730|
|$100 - $200||Rs1870||Rs500||Rs930|
|$200 - $350||Rs1930||Rs1,500||Rs970|
|$350 - $500||Rs600||Rs3,500||Rs3,000|
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019