Enough is enough: Woman goes viral with movement against crazy lawn prices
Every year in Ramazan, lawn designers get in on the act as well by launching new and varied collections. This year the starting price for most suits in these collections is a whopping 15000 rupees.
Thankfully, this year, they are not being allowed to charge these extortion prices unchallenged. A woman named Eimaan Hussain recently went viral after uploading a status that condemned the high prices and urged everyone to boycott buying clothes from these brands. She added that the brands had nothing exceptional to offer, except their extraordinary ability to drain their consumers' pockets.
Interestingly, after comparing this year's Eid collections with last year's, she has noted that this year prices are a staggering 5000 rupees greater than what they used to be.
Appealing viewers to be modest and simple in line with Islamic teachings, Hussain urged everyone to boycott the usual Eid fare.
On the very first day of her viral campaign, Hussain's post got 11,000 likes and 33, 716 share, indicating the extent to which people agreed with her.
We know better than to have high hopes, but is still another "revolution" in the making?
- Dutchwoman named world's tallest bodybuilder by Guinness World Records05:31 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Sheikh Rashid to watch Pak-India T20 match in Dubai04:20 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi, DG ISI in Kabul to discuss bilateral ties with ...03:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Interior minister updates PM Imran on law & order, security03:25 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- 'Begum Shak Karti Hey' – Saba Qamar and Abrar Ul Haq share teaser ...02:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen wins hearts as she recites Qaseeda Burda Shareef02:32 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira Inam glow at their dreamy mayoun ceremony01:11 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021