Mehwish Hayat responds to Tamgha-e-Imtiaz controversy
Lollywood diva Mehwish Hayat is blessed with a beautiful face and she has often enchanted her admirers by posting stunning pictures and videos of herself.
Dabbling in diverse roles and proving her versatility on screen, the 33-year-old created a ruckus on the internet after she was bestowed with Tamgha-e-Imtiaz.
Addressing the objections, Hayat slammed the critics and opened up about the honour and the backlash she has been receiving as a consequence.
View this post on Instagram
"I got the award because my film had a gross of Rs 160 crore," the Load Wedding actor explained. "I did my best to revive the film industry, which is why I did not leave Pakistan to work anywhere else," she said.
The Dillagi actress was awarded Pakistan’s highest accolade Tamgha-e-Imtiaz by President of Pakistan Arif Alvi on the occasion of Pakistan Day on March 23, 2019.
On the work front, Mehwish will next be seen in the film London Nahi Jaunga alongside superstar Humayun Saeed.
Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez 04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
Tamgha-e-Imtiaz recipient Mehwish Hayat is one of the most bankable female superstars of Pakistan. The bold and ...
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- 10-year-old girl spotted driving car on Faisalabad’s busy road11:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- KP judge suspended as Lower Dir woman comes up with rape, bribery ...10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021