Kashmiri leader Masarat Alam sent to jail in Jammu
Masarat’s release from the Baramulla sub-jail in early March had created an outrage at the national level with even Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressing anguish in Parliament over the decision of the Mufti government to order his release.
Before being shifted to Kot Bhalwal jail, Masarat was in police custody at Joint Interrogation Centre, Humhama, after being booked in an FIR for offences of sedition (121 RPC), waging war against the state (124-A) and other charges in the Pakistani flag hoisting case on April 15.
The fresh detention is the seventh PSA order passed against Masarat since his arrest on October 18, 2010.
- Four FC troops martyred in Quetta IED blast07:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death confirmed as ‘suicide’ on first ...07:04 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- National Foods attracts overseas Pakistanis with Brainchild ...06:41 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- FM Qureshi, Russia’s Lavrove emphasise on strong Islamabad-Moscow ...06:36 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes tax cut on 10 businesses06:12 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021