'I would take up arms': Indian soldier warns Modi govt of mutiny
NEW DELHI - The Indian Border Security soldier, Tej Bahadur Yadav who revealed the shocking state of affairs in the Indian army has warned Modi government of taking up arms in case an inquiry was not ordered over his allegations.
In a fresh video message on Wednesday, Yadav issued a warning, saying no investigations were carried out despite the fact that complaints had been forwarded to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the home minister about massive embezzlement of funds by Indian army officials.
"If an inquiry is not ordered, I will take up arms. In that case, Narendra Modi would be responsible for the consequences."
Earlier, in a heart-wrenching video, Yadav had pointed fingers at appalling working conditions blaming the high level of corruption in the Indian Army.
Yadav, who was deployed in occupied Kashmir, had shamed the government of Prime Minister Narendra Modi by sharing the plight of troops serving at the border.
Indian soldiers using social media to air ... 06:00 PM | 15 Jan, 2017
NEW DELHI - Days after an Indian solider criticized the army and government in a series of videos on social media, army ...
Yadav posted a couple of videos on Facebook showing the deplorable circumstances in which jawans are discharging their duties without being provided proper meals.
The video had gone viral on social media and prompted an inquiry by BSF authorities, as well as Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
Days after the solider criticised the army and government in a series of videos on social media, army chief General Bipin Rawat, had warned that army personnel who do not use “proper, specified channels” to air their grievances would be liable to be punished.
The BSF had also dismissed Yadav in April on charges of indiscipline. He was then punished with relegation to a plumber's job.
- Conflict between PPP and Cynthia Ritchie intensifies after denial of ...08:22 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PML-N’s Khawaja Salman Rafique contracts coronavirus08:11 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- What Nawaz Sharif's doing in his latest picture from London07:37 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PIA directed to control fares after overcharging complaints07:13 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- PTI MNA tests positive for coronavirus as health crisis deepens in ...06:35 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Zaheer Abbas looks like Money Heist‘s 'Professor’, says Mehwish ...02:24 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities who never endorsed fairness products01:50 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020