Kerry defends sell of F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan
Replying to questions in Senate Foreign Relations Committee, he said Pakistan is an important ally of the United States. John Kerry said Pakistan's military is deeply engaged in the fight against terrorism.
He further added that improved defence capability of Pakistan is necessary for fight against terrorism.
Earlier the US Defence Security Cooperation Agency certified to the Congress that it is in America’s national interest to sell eight F-16 fighter jets and related equipment to Pakistan.
India summoned US ambassador in New Delhi to its foreign office to record protest over United States’ announcement to sell another eight F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan.
Reacting to Indian reservations; the Pentagon Press Secretary Petro Cook, while addressing a news briefing, said that United States’ relationship with Pakistan and its ties with India were completely two separate matters. We don’t think this deal should concern India in any way, he said while referring to the F-16 deal with Pakistan.
To a question he said that deal has been agreed in the light of regional situation where Pakistan is combating terrorism and its defence capability needs to be enhanced accordingly.
- Karachi court sets aside order allowing exhumation of Aamir Liaquat ...11:26 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Islamabad police in action after video of harassing foreign women on ...10:06 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif, public in anger as petrol price up by Rs6.72 per litre09:15 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- At least 20 passengers killed after Karachi-bound sleeper bus rams ...08:51 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Faysal Quraishi gives major fitness goals with new shirtless picture09:05 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022