Pak-India Dosti Bus service restored
According to a private news channel, Dosti Bus carrying at least 21 passengers has left for New Delhi after getting clearance from the Indian government.
On Sunday, Pakistan had suspended Lahore-Delhi Dosti or friendship bus service indefinitely at India's request in the wake of violence and arson in Jat agitation in Haryana.
Since the bus service began in March 1999, the Pakistan police has escorted the Dosti buses from Wagah to Lahore`s Gulberg and Nankana Sahib terminals. And also the buses from these places to Wagah.
The bus service resumed today a day after members of a rural Indian caste reached a deal late to end their protests that paralysed the north Indian state of Haryana and cut water supplies to Delhi's 20 million residents.
Days of rioting and looting by Jats had challenged Prime Minister Narendra Modi's promise of better days for Indians who elected him in 2014 with the largest majority in three decades.
The Samjhota Express train service, however, remains suspended but is expected to resume tomorrow (Thursday).
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...08:56 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- PAKvNED – Pakistan seal ODI series victory over Netherlands08:28 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Jacqueline Fernandez booked in extortion case07:12 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's latest photoshoot draws severe backlash05:40 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal’s new photoshoot draws severe backlash06:10 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022