Tranquil Dawn is AkzoNobel’s Color of the Year for 2020
LAHORE - Revealed to audience of architects, interior designers, culture connoisseurs and patrons in Punjab Public Library (Wazir Khan Baradari) – a historical site from the Mughal era located between NCA and Punjab Public library; the venue provided the perfect backdrop for the unveiling of the delicate, fluid shade somewhere between green, blue and grey.
“Tranquil Dawn perfectly captures the 2020 mood of what makes us human,” explains Heleen van Gent, Head of AkzoNobel’s Global Aesthetic Center– which leads the annual trend research. “It’s reminiscent of the colours of the morning sky and encapsulates our desire to treasure our most human qualities, which we’ll need in the new decade we are entering. It’s an exciting and inspiring way for us to share our passion for painting with the world.”
Specialists from the company’s paints and coatings businesses work with leading design professionals to study the annual trend research findings. The colours are then translated for use with specific products to offer on-trend selections to customers in various markets. For homes and decorative paints, in particular, the four related 2020 colour palettes meet a series of specific needs (such as creating a home for play), while also enabling consumers to express themselves. Divided into separate themes, the palettes are known as The Care Palette, The Play Palette, The Meaning Palette and The Creativity Palette. Tranquil Dawn features in all four of the company’s ColourFutures 2020 palettes.
AkzoNobel Pakistan CEO, Saad Mahmood Rashid said, “At AkzoNobel, we give prime importance to investing in colour expertise & global colour trends. We are proud to be the official partners of Lahore Biennale 2020 and honoured to launch Tranquil Dawn today. Through our palettes, we aim to inspire and amplify the spirit of creativity, care and meaning – a central theme highlighted through the social, cultural, political, and historical discourse that has taken place over the course of the Lahore Biennale.”
Qudsia Rahim, Executive Director of the Lahore Biennale Foundation, while acknowledging the support of AkzoNobel said, "AkzoNobel has supported LBF since the beginning and continues to be one of the leading supporters of art by being the Color Partner of the Lahore Biennale (LB02).
The night ended with an enthralling musical performance by the legendary Asif Ali Santo.
- PAF C-130 aircraft carrying Zaireen from Dalbandin lands at Skardu ...01:36 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Govt trying to maintain balance between lockdown to prevent spread of ...12:15 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Lahore police sealed all the entry and exit points of the city11:42 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Indian troops kill three youth in IOK10:33 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Zahid Ahmed apologises to the nation for choosing a script ‘so ...05:02 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019