Tranquil Dawn is AkzoNobel’s Color of the Year for 2020
LAHORE - Revealed to audience of architects, interior designers, culture connoisseurs and patrons in Punjab Public Library (Wazir Khan Baradari) – a historical site from the Mughal era located between NCA and Punjab Public library; the venue provided the perfect backdrop for the unveiling of the delicate, fluid shade somewhere between green, blue and grey.
“Tranquil Dawn perfectly captures the 2020 mood of what makes us human,” explains Heleen van Gent, Head of AkzoNobel’s Global Aesthetic Center– which leads the annual trend research. “It’s reminiscent of the colours of the morning sky and encapsulates our desire to treasure our most human qualities, which we’ll need in the new decade we are entering. It’s an exciting and inspiring way for us to share our passion for painting with the world.”
Specialists from the company’s paints and coatings businesses work with leading design professionals to study the annual trend research findings. The colours are then translated for use with specific products to offer on-trend selections to customers in various markets. For homes and decorative paints, in particular, the four related 2020 colour palettes meet a series of specific needs (such as creating a home for play), while also enabling consumers to express themselves. Divided into separate themes, the palettes are known as The Care Palette, The Play Palette, The Meaning Palette and The Creativity Palette. Tranquil Dawn features in all four of the company’s ColourFutures 2020 palettes.
AkzoNobel Pakistan CEO, Saad Mahmood Rashid said, “At AkzoNobel, we give prime importance to investing in colour expertise & global colour trends. We are proud to be the official partners of Lahore Biennale 2020 and honoured to launch Tranquil Dawn today. Through our palettes, we aim to inspire and amplify the spirit of creativity, care and meaning – a central theme highlighted through the social, cultural, political, and historical discourse that has taken place over the course of the Lahore Biennale.”
Qudsia Rahim, Executive Director of the Lahore Biennale Foundation, while acknowledging the support of AkzoNobel said, "AkzoNobel has supported LBF since the beginning and continues to be one of the leading supporters of art by being the Color Partner of the Lahore Biennale (LB02).
The night ended with an enthralling musical performance by the legendary Asif Ali Santo.
- Ayeza Khan shares pictures of reunion with cousins11:32 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani boxers 'slip away' in UK as Commonwealth Games conclude11:07 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Bilal Abbas gears up for new acting project09:58 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Two terrorists killed in security forces' action in DI Khan09:27 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir in action to keep rainwater out of her Karachi apartment ...06:11 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Khushhal Khan criticised for 'expressionless acting' in Mushkil07:25 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022