Pakistani forces arrest Indian Naval officer spying inside Balochistan
QUETTA - Security forces have arrested an Indian spy from south-western Balochistan, the provincial home minister on Thursday.
Sarfaraz Bugti confirmed that the Indian officer was arrested three days ago. The Indian Naval officer of the rank of Commander was reportedly working for Research and Analysis Wing and was identified as Commander Kulbhushan Yadav.
According to the sources, the Indian spy was in contact with Baloch separatists and other militant organisations.
Bugti said Yadav has been taken to Islamabad for interrogation.
Yadav, during initial investigation, confessed his involvement in terrorist activities in Karachi and Balochistan.
Pakistan has repeatedly alleged that Indian spy agencies have been providing support to militants in Balochistan and other sectarian extremists.
In the past Pakistan had provided proof of Indian support of terrorism to the Indian authorities in a high-level meeting at Sharm-el-Shaikh, and also provided proof of the same at the United Nations more recently.
This latest arrest gives Pakistani allegations credibility and causes embarrassment to India at the global stage where India has, for a long time, played a victim of terrorism while providing support to terrorists in Pakistan at the same time.
- 10-year-old girl spotted driving car on Faisalabad’s busy road11:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Lower Dir’s civil judge suspended for allegedly raping woman10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021