Pakistani forces arrest Indian Naval officer spying inside Balochistan
QUETTA - Security forces have arrested an Indian spy from south-western Balochistan, the provincial home minister on Thursday.
Sarfaraz Bugti confirmed that the Indian officer was arrested three days ago. The Indian Naval officer of the rank of Commander was reportedly working for Research and Analysis Wing and was identified as Commander Kulbhushan Yadav.
According to the sources, the Indian spy was in contact with Baloch separatists and other militant organisations.
Bugti said Yadav has been taken to Islamabad for interrogation.
Yadav, during initial investigation, confessed his involvement in terrorist activities in Karachi and Balochistan.
Pakistan has repeatedly alleged that Indian spy agencies have been providing support to militants in Balochistan and other sectarian extremists.
In the past Pakistan had provided proof of Indian support of terrorism to the Indian authorities in a high-level meeting at Sharm-el-Shaikh, and also provided proof of the same at the United Nations more recently.
This latest arrest gives Pakistani allegations credibility and causes embarrassment to India at the global stage where India has, for a long time, played a victim of terrorism while providing support to terrorists in Pakistan at the same time.
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020